Types of device data
The toolkit includes an Excel spreadsheet that you fill in to describe your product. The spreadsheet specifies the following data:
- Properties – Each property refers to a piece of state in the device. Devices use writable configuration properties for settings, and read-only status properties for sensor values and computed states. Properties are organized into logical groups.
- Enumerations – Many properties contain a value that is one of several choices. Enumerations list those choices.
- Events – Events identify what happens as your products operates. They note any triggering property values.
- Actions – Operations that devices can perform on request.
- Roles – Roles group users who have common access permissions.
Integrate the desired embedded components of the toolkit into your products:
- Device properties and events – publishes new device data and provides access to current and past values, with rich property value formatting and localization
- Communications – publishes updates, and receives property changes and action requests
- Property storage – optional module to save property values in flash and/or RAM
- Event storage – optional module to save events to flash
- Embedded database – optional SQLite database for efficient and fault-tolerant RAM and flash storage
The Toolsay Machine Monitoring Toolkit is self-contained and ready for your development team to pick up and run with. Yet we realize that time to market, budget, and expertise may make outsourcing a better fit for some or all of the integration effort. That is why Toolsay offers integration services for all aspects of toolkit integration, from technical support through turnkey development based on your existing codebase. We can also provide communication modules to support already deployed products running older protocols such as Modbus.